Friday, August 26, 2011

BONA!

 This summer I was reading this  interesting cook book on Polish cuisine and desperately  wanted to taste some of the dishes as I was reading.

  

I wasn't sure if there were any Polish restaurants in our area. So I yelped and found  very good reviews for "Bona" located in Menlo Park. That same evening, I was at Bona looking at their menu ordering almost everything that looked and sounded familiar to that I had read in the Polish cookbook. Luckily for my husband, their menu was small!  BONA has now become one of my/our favorite restaurants especially when I crave beef Pierogis.



Bona is a small restaurant which can probably seat around 25 people. The service is excellent. I have been there a couple of times. The first time we went there, we had sourdough soup, mixed pierogis with three different stuffings, stuffed cabbage rolls, and hunter's stew. Everything was well served and lip-smacking. I basically fell in love with their beef pierogis. I can snack on them any time.
The second time we went there, we had beef pierogis, polish goulash stew, and crepes with mushrooms.




We topped our Polish dinner with Poppy seed cake which had a very mild sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Food my companion!
Thank you for your comments!