Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eggy Crumpets and Bacon

All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.
                                                                                            ~John Gunther

This past weekend I happened to make Crumpets for my family  and seeing my family enjoy it so much, I thought I should share this simple recipe with all of you. I came across Crumpets for the first time while I was watching Jamie Oliver's show,  and was very curious to know how they tasted. So here I was on the look out for these circular shaped things with pores on them which almost looked like a small pancake but only harder. I finally found it in Trader Joe's and with a mouth watering recipe in hand, I decided to give it a shot.

Adapted from Jamie Oliver

       Ingredients:                                                                
  • 1 packet of crumpets                                   
  • 2 eggs
  • pinch of red crushed pepper
  • salt and pepper
  • butter/oil
  • 6-8 slices of bacon
  • maple syrup
 Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and fry the bacon.

 
Mix the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.

 
Soak the crumpets well in the egg mixture. Add some butter/oil to a pan and fry these Crumpets till golden brown. Turn and fry them on the other side. 

Serve them with a drizzle of maple syrup and the bacon.  DELICIOUS....!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Food my companion!
Thank you for your comments!