Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quick and hearty veggie scramble

A good meal ought to begin with hunger. 
French proverb

Hunger: One of the few cravings that cannot be appeased with another solution.
Irwin Van Grove

Ever since I have returned from my East coast trip I have been ravenous  at 7.00am in the morning and I am ready to eat a horse. So here is my favorite quick and hearty veggie scramble.

 Ingredients:

3  eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 onion thinly sliced
1 tomato sliced
1 carrot shredded
1/4 slice cabbage shredded
1 green chilli sliced into thin strips
a handful of green peas
Olive oil - 1-2 tsp
pepper - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste

Preparation:

Heat some oil in a skillet. Add the onions, chillies and saute them. Once the onions are fried a little add the green peas, carrots and tomatoes. Saute them with some salt. After the tomatoes have cooked well, add the cabbage. Give it a quick stir. Meanwhile beat the eggs with a fork, add some salt and pepper to it. Now pour the egg mixture to the skillet and scramble them.


Enjoy this hearty veggie scramble with some toast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Food my companion!
Thank you for your comments!