Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hachi Ju Hachi

 This is the first time I have been to a traditional Kaiseki Japanese restaurant and I was blown away by their food, creativeness, and service. In fact, when I called to make reservations, I was greeted by somebody at the other end saying 'Moshi Moshi' which took me by surprise for a second since I didn't know what to reply. We were seated very next to the kitchen which was "The best seating"! 
All of us were so occupied  watching Chef Suzuki San in action.  He was very charming and funny.
 
After yelping about this restaurant I  had some idea what to order. With some additional help from the waitress, we had their special Tempura, Agedashi tofu with Daikon which looked  beautiful and just melted in your mouth, smoked boxed eel sushi, tuna sushi which I was trying for the first time, and Beef teriyaki with greens. The meal ended with a slice of juicy Melon.

Special Tempura (A basket of salmon, japanese yam, eggplant, and squash)

            Smoked Eel Boxed Sushi and Tuna Sushi


                       Agedashi Tofu with daikon


                       Beef Teriyaki with greens


Dining at Hachi Ju Hachi was a very special experience for all of us. 
I can't wait to go back and have their whole grilled Mackerel which looked amazing and their Kaiseki course which needs a reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Food my companion!
Thank you for your comments!