Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

Today marks the first anniversary of my blog and also the day I get totally pampered by my family.  I am so happy and proud of myself for starting this blog and updating it with posts of my favorite food and places without fail. I have totally enjoyed this one year with my blog. My knowledge of food has also increased tremendously. Even in my wildest of the dreams, I had never pictured myself as a baker but since last summer, I tried my hand at baking and have been enjoying it thoroughly.

I love traveling to places with my family and seeking out good food. So here we were today visiting Sonoma Valley which is considered to be the birth-place of wine-making in California.




Lately this county is also known for its world class gourmet restaurants and the amazing specialty food shops. I had read so much about this place on Yelp! and other food magazines that I was so eager to pay a visit and I  couldn't have chosen a better day to visit.We passed by a lot of vineyards as we drove to this place.




This is definitely one of the best places for foodies. As we happily strolled in this town we ended up in this alley where we spotted  "The taste of Himalayas" which  I recalled having  very good reviews from yelpers and just across from it was "Murphys Irish Pub".




 Well, since we were inhaling Indian food 99% of the time we decided to do the honors at the  "Murphy's Irish Pub".




The weather was so good, so we decided to sit outside. We ordered their special for the day-Clam chowder made with Little neck clams, House-made chicken pot pie with a side of fries and Fish tacos. The beer-battered cod fish fillets were perfectly fried for the fish tacos and came with a side of avocado, radish and cabbage salad, and pico de gallo.


Clam chowder with little neck clams
 

Fish tacos with avocado, radish and cabbage salad and pico-de-gallo



House-made chicken pot pie with fries



For dessert, we ordered their Bread pudding with an Irish cream caramel Sauce which was absolutely delicious.


Bread pudding with Irish cream caramel sauce
 

The Irish cream caramel sauce was so good that we literally licked the plate clean.




I must say that the food was quite good and we enjoyed everything that we had ordered.

After lunch we continued our stroll around the remaining part of this quaint little town glaring at all these gourmet restaurants and various food shops catering to everybody's needs like this specialty shop for Dogs.


Three Dog Bakery



This place reminded us so much of Italy since it had so many alleys and when we go inside these cute little alleys, you are surprised by these  beautiful fountains and murals on the walls and then you see all these hole-in-the-wall shops and restaurants. This shop below carried a variety of ceramics beautifully crafted and painted  from Egypt.




Then we visited Epicurean connection which was being raved so much on Yelp! for its cheese making classes, yummy soups,  sandwiches, breads, jars of their house-made dijon mustard, pickles, sauces, and tons of other items it carried in its modest little shop.

















This place has definitely surpassed what I had pictured in my mind. I was blown away after visiting this beautiful wine county. I thoroughly enjoyed this Mothers Day by visiting this quaint little town which had everything that interested me and will definitely pay a visit soon for tasting more food. Hope you all enjoyed Mother's day as much as I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Food my companion!
Thank you for your comments!